Curtis Millender kicked off the new year by kicking the head of Nick Barnes for a KO win. LFA 30 took place January 12th at the Costa Mesa Hall at OC Fair & Event Center in Costa Mesa, CA with a main card broadcast on AXS TV.
It was basically a counter attack by Curtis Millender that resulted in the KO of Nick Barnes. Barns took round 1 with his striking and takedowns while Millender’s kicking game was a little slow to start. In round 2 Barns kicked the left leg of Millender so Millender countered with first a right jab that set up the right head kick for the KO. With the win Millender climbed to 14-3 with six wins in a row, Barnes dropped to 12-3.
In the co-main event Taison Soares used his grappling to dominate Fernando Padilla en route to a unanimous decision. Soares scored takedowns and easily passed guard in all three rounds then used a combination of strikes and submission attempts to out-ppint Padilla. Padilla managed to survive but never really got an offense going in a fight where he was the favorite to win. Soares now stands 10-2 with this being his US debut, Padilla fell to 10-2 with his four-fight win streak broken.
LFA continue strong in January with events on the 19th and 26th before CES MMA make their 2018 debut on February 2nd. The 19th is LFA 31 from Phoenix, AZ where Bobby Moffett faces Thanh Le for the vacant featherweight title.
LFA 30 results
- Jeffrey Glossner def. Jose Avalos 0:40 R2 by TKO
- Blake Troop def. Khadzhimurat Bestaev 2:11 R1 by TKO
- Vincent Cachero def. Nohelin Hernandez by unanimous decision
- Christian Aguilera def. Maycon Mendonca 0:27 R1 by KO
- Jordan Wright def. Craig Wilkerson 1:29 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Maikel Perez def. Charlie Alaniz by unanimous decision
- Talison Soares def. Fernando Padilla by unanimous decision
- Curtis Millender def. Nick Barnes 2:51 R2 by KO