CES MMA wrapped up their 2017 season with a surprisingly short or even one-sided fight card that held six first-round finishes for six fights that totaled as the broadcasters noted sixteen minutes of action. The main event summed it up as Bellator vet Greg Rebello needed just 1:22 to TKO Derrick Brown in a fight that basically consisted of two punches. CES MMA 47 took place November 17th at the Twin River Casino in Lincoln, RI with a main card broadcast on AXS TV.
Bellator vet Greg Rebello had little trouble with promotional newcomer Derrick Brown in the main event. Brown managed to fire off a tentative leg kick before Rebello landed a powerful left followed by a glancing right and another left that knocked Brown down while the follow-up punches on the ground sealed the TKO. Rebello’s win brings his record to 23-8, Brown’s second loss in a row left his record 5-4.
Nate Andrews was just as dominant against Tyler Combs in the co-main event but not as fast. Andrews used kicks to soften up Combs before taking him down and transitioning to his back for the rear-naked choke win all in just 2:25. Andrews improved to 12-1 with six wins in a row, Combs fell to 14-14 with a jaw-dropping one win in his last nine fights.
CES MMA are done for the year but AXS TV rolls on after a break for Thanksgiving. On December 8th LFA returns with Evan Cutts vs. Jaleel Willis while on the 15th Jeffrey Peterson faces Mike Richman.
CES MMA 47 results
- Yorgan De Castro def. James Dysard 0:39 R1 by TKO
- Tyler Hamilton def. Montoyia Swilling 0:46 R1 by D’arce choke
- Jose Lugo def. Michael Taylor 3:33 R1 by rear-naked choke
- David Garcia def. Kris Moutinho 3:07 R1 by rear-naked choke
- John Douma def. Mark Taylor 2:02 R1 by TKO
- Richie Santiago def. Shawn Mack 3:05 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Nate Andrews def. Tyler Combs 2:25 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Greg Rebello def. Derrick Brown 1:22 R1 by TKO