Two-division champion Jose “Shorty” Torres solidified his hold on the bantamweight belt with his first title defense taking out Gleidson DeJesus by rear-naked choke in the fourth round. Also on the card the vacant lightweight title was claimed by Raush Manflo after he TKO’d Chazz Walton. Titan FC 46 took place November 18th at the Pembroke Pines Civic Center in Pembroke Pines, FL with the entire show webcast at UFC Fight Pass.
The main event between Jose Torres and Gleidson DeJesus kept progressing making it one of the most notable in shows of this level in recent memory. DeJesus took round 1 beating Torres to the punch while Torres did a wonderful mid-air counter to DeJesus’ takedown. By round 3 DeJesus was being less aggressive but was by no means gassed as he started scoring with calf kicks, Torres started to move forward more and land strikes of his own. By round 4 Torres was landing more of his elbows and knees causing a halt in the action for the ringside doctor to check DeJesus’ forehead cut while Torres’ own cut was on his cheek below his eye. Once the fight resumed Torres nailed a takedown and moved to DeJesus’ back for the rear-naked choke with under a minute left in the round then fell to his own back exhausted. Torres who being a champion in two divisions is referred to as “champion champion” exited the cage with his record still perfect at 6-0, DeJesus was impressive as his record rested at 7-3.
Raush Manflo’s counter right was his key to victory in the co-main event largely due to Chazz Walton not setting up his kicks. Twice in the first minute Manflo landed his powerful right against Walton with the second seeming to daze Walton. Walton continued to move forward with kicks and continued to take counter rights from Manflo with one at the three-minute mark dropping Walton for the TKO. Manflo took the vacant lightweight title with his record improved to 10-2, Walton fell to 5-1.
Titan FC hold their final event of the year on December 15th when L. Gomez Alvarez and Sodiq Yusuff face off for the vacant featherweight title.
Titan FC 46 results
- Alberto Blas def. Khaylash Tilack 2:33 R3 by TKO
- Luis Gomez def. Guillerme Dos Santos by unanimous decision
- Rami Hamed def .Isidro Ramirez 3:56 R3 by TKO
- Hannah Cifers def .Andrea Soraluz 0:58 R3 by unanimous decision
- Juan Puerta def Jorge Calvo Martin by unanimous decision
- Beibit Nazarov def. Alan Arzeno 3:02 R3 by rear-naked choke
- Gustavo Balart def Marcelo Castaneda by unanimous decision
- LW title: Raush Manflo def .Chazz Walton 3:08 R1 by TKO
- BW title: Jose Torres def Gleidson DeJesus 4:13 R4 by rear-naked choke