The Legacy Fighting Alliance lightweight title stayed with Robert Watley following his TKO of Daryl Wilson. LFA 27 took place November 10th at the Firelake Arena in Shawnee, OK with a main card broadcast on AXS TV.
The main event was one-sided from the opening bell as Robert Watley took Daryl Wilson down at will and used top position to pick his shots. In the third round Watley picked up the pace throwing more elbows as Wilson word down until the TKO was called with just under thirty second left in the fight. Watley retained the belt as his record improved to 9-1 with nine wins in a row, Wilson’s five-fight win streak came to an end as his record now rests at 5-2.
In the co-main event Ryan Spann silenced former light heavyweight champion Myron Dennis with a first-round KO. Dennis started out the aggressor with his strikes until Spann took him down twice. Dennis managed to escape to his feet only to take a solid right that staggered the former champion. Spann pounced for strikes and the referee called the TKO at just over three minutes into the first round. Spann’s win improved his record to 12-5 overall, 3-2 for the year while Dennis fell to 14-7.
CES MMA takes next weekend on AXS TV then LFA hold back-to-back events on December 8th and 15th to close out the year.
LFA 27 results
- Daniel Carey def. Diego Pichilingue by unanimous decision
- Chris Mullins def. Craig Campbell by majority decision
- Kyle Driscoll def. Ken Coulter by unanimous decision
- Ed Cline Jr. def. Levi Queen 2:11 R3 by guillotine choke
- Kendrick Latchman def. Tyler Shinn by unanimous decision
- Alexander Hernandez def. Derrick Adkins 1:53 R3 by TKO
- Ryan Spann def. Myron Dennis 3:08 R1 by KO
- LW title: Robert Watley def. Daryl Wilson 4:32 R3 by TKO