The bantamweight title fight between champion Andre Soukhamthath and Todd Gravely is off the CES MMA 42 card leaving welterweight champion Chris Curtis to defend the welterweight title against Wilfredo Santiago Jr. as the main event. CES 42 takes place March 31st at the Twin River Event Center in Lincoln, RI with a main card broadcast on AXS TV.
Chris Curtis won the CES MMA welterweight title in January 2016 with a submission to strikes victory over Gil de Freitas but his follow-up loss to Nah-Shon Burrell last April was a non-title fight. Interestingly despite being the CES champion Curtis has since picked up a win in FFC over Leo Bercier which left his official MMA record 13-5.
5-2 Wilfredo Santiago Jr. returns to CES where so far he has gone 1-1 with a win over Francisco Ferreira and a loss to Darrius Heyliger from 2013 and 2015 respectively. Santiago’s only fight since CES 54 in July 2015 was a TKO win over Nuri Shakir in last August in Combat Zone.
(photo: Chris Curtis)
Latest word is the co-main event will now be Luis Felix vs. Dawond Pickney. 13-9 Felix defeated Julian Lane for the belt in August 2015 but his January 216 fight against Ryan Sanders was declared a “no contest” while this fight is a non-title bout. 11-7 Pickney makes his CES debut coming off an armbar loss in Bellator to Treston Thomison.
- Maria Rivera vs. Jessica Sotack
- Chad Kelly vs. Richard Santiago
- Gary Balletto Jr. vs. Chris Torres
- Marquis Brewster vs. Cody Hier
- Kris Moutinho vs. Lloyd Reyes
- Dirlei Broenstrup vs. Patrick Walsh
- Kenny Foster vs. Joe Pingitore
- David Baxter vs. Kody Nordby
- Saul Almeida vs. Josh LaBerge
- Luis Felix vs. Dawond Pickney
- WW title: Chris Curtis vs. Wilfredo Santiago Jr.