The rematch of the January contest served as the main event of Friday’s Victory FC 55 event, which took place at Kansas Expocentre in Topeka, Kan. The night’s main card aired on UFC Fight Pass.
Cochrane was aggressive to start the fight, scoring with a big left hand and diving in for a takedown to take the action to the floor. Lindsey immediately looked to work his way back to his feet, but Cochrane latched on to his neck and fell to his back, closing guard and squeezing to finish the fight in the opening minute.
it was champ Gallemore who pushed forward immediately with strikes, defending Bohi’s takedown attempts and rattling in strikes from distance. Bohi countered with a barrage of big uppercuts in tight, but Gallemore weathered the storm and fired back with his own massive shots. Bohi crumpled in the face of the shots, and Gallemore followed to the canvas to finish the fight on the floor.
The whole process took 94 seconds.
Victory FC 55 results include:
- Dakota Cochrane def. Jake Lindsey def. submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 0:53
- Champ Daniel Gallemore def. Derk Bohi via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:34
- Trey Ogden def. Josh Pfeifer via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Yazan Hajeh def. Alex McGowan via split decision (30-26, 28-29, 30-27)
- Kevin Gray def. Joey Diehl via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-27, 30-26)
- Kenny Licea def. Gary Westphal via technical submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 2:09