One week after tasting UFC victory, Alex Morono has been booked against a welterweight who’s been on the shelf for nearly a year.
UFC officials recently announced that Morono (13-3 MMA, 2-0 UFC) will face Sheldon Westcott (9-3-1 MMA, 1-2 UFC) at UFC Fight Night 104.
Featuring a featherweight matchup between Dennis Bermudez and Chan Sung Jung, UFC Fight Night 104 takes place Feb. 4 at Houston’s Toyota Center. The event is expected to air on FS1 after early prelims on UFC Fight Pass, though the bout order hasn’t been finalized.
“The Great White” Morono fought a week ago at UFC on FOX 22, where he scored a hard-fought decision win over James Moontasri at UFC on FOX 22. It was the 26-year-old’s second victory in two career trips to the octagon, and he now boasts an overall seven-fight winning streak.
Meanwhile, Westcott was a finalist on “The Ultimate Fighter: Nations” who lost the 2014 tournament final to Elias Theodorou. Westcott then fought just once in 2015 and suffered a decision loss to Pawel Pawlak. The 32-year-old fought just once in 2016, as well, and picked up a first-round TKO win over Edgar Garcia at January’s UFC 195 event.
With the addition to the card, UFC Fight Night 104 now includes:
- Dennis Bermudez vs. Chan Sung Jung
- Alexa Grasso vs. Felice Herrig
- Evan Dunham vs. Abel Trujillo
- Jan Blachowicz vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Justin Ledet vs. Dmitriy Sosnovskiy
- Curtis Blaydes vs. Adam Milstead
- Chris Gruetzemacher vs. Chas Skelly
- Johnny Case vs. James Vick
- Alex Morono vs. Sheldon Westcott
- Bec Rawlings vs. Tecia Torres