Legendary Canadian promotion TKO MMA returns following an absence of eight years as Chris Horodecki faces Derek Gauthier in the main event, Josh Hill takes on Xavier Alaoui in the co-main slot. TKO 36 takes place November 4th at Tohi in Montreal, Quebec with a webcast at UFC Fight Pass.
It makes perfect sense that Chris Horodecki headlines this event since four of his first five fights were in the promotion. Horodecki started out his career impressively with a twelve-fight win streak which was finally halted in the finals of the IFL Grand Prix by Ryan Schultz. Since then Horodecki has fought for most of the significant “gate keeper” shows including going 2-2 in WEC, 1-2-1 in Bellator, and most recently 1-1 in WSOF.
Horodecki’s most recent fight was sixteen months ago at WSOF 21 in June 2015 against Lance Palmer, a fight Horodecki lost by neck crank in the first round. Derek Gauthier also fought for the original incarnation of TKO but only once, a TKO win over Yannick Galipeau in February 2008. Gauthier went on to fight in other Canadian promotions XMMA, Ringside MMA, Instinct MMA, and Superior Challenge with his most recent fight being in November 2014, a loss to Jonathan Svensson which left Gauthier’s record 7-6.
While the main event is one for the original TKO fans the co-main event is more about the future as WSOF vet Josh Hill fights undefeated Tristar Gym fighter Xavier Alaoui. Alaoui stands a perfect 7-0 however those wins have been in regional shows against largely unknown fighters such as his most recent fight, a foot look submission over Juliano Costa in June. Hill is fairly well known for going 2-2 in WSOF with his only two losses of his career being to current WSOF champion Marlon Moraes, the most recent being in June’s WSOF 32 show.
- LW: Trelani Kidd vs. Hugo Beauchemin
- WW: Collin Baikie vs. Davis dos Santos
- HW: Emanuel Vallee vs. Adam Dyczka
- BW: Binaebi Otoru vs. Louis Jourdain
- MW: Marcus Hicks vs. Yan Pellerin
- LW: Robert Seres vs. Dan Lariviere
- FW: Marc-Antoine Lidji vs. Charles Jourdain
- FW: TJ Laramie vs. Maxime Dubois
- 130: Malcolm Gordon vs. Dimitri Waardenburg
- 5: Lindsay Garbatt vs. Maguy Berchel
- MW: Jonathan Vallee vs. Fritz Paul
- LW: Jimmy Spicuzza vs. Jesse Ronson
- BW: Josh Hill vs. Xavier Alaoui
- LW: Derek Gauthier vs. Chris Horodecki