In the second-to-last Resurrection Fighting Alliance event before the merger with Legacy FC is complete Gerald Meerschaert III won the vacant middleweight title with a first-round submission of Chase Waldon while in the co-main event Raoni Barcelos successfully defended the featherweight title against Dan Moret. RFA 45 took place October 28th at the Mystic Lake Hotel Casino in Mystic Lake, MN with a main card broadcast on AXS TV.
Gerald Meerschaert couldn’t keep Chase Waldon down on his first takedown but managed to secure position with his second attempt. After moving to side control Meerschaert applied an arm-triangle choke for the tapout at 1:44 of the first round earning the middleweight title. Meerschaert’s record improved to 24-8 with seventeen wins by submission, Waldon fell to 10-2 with his eight-fight win streak halted.
Raoni Barcelos’ second defense of the featherweight title came with a stunning KO of Dan Moret in the co-main event. Barcelos took round 1 with speed and power while the fight ended early in round 2 with a counter-left from Barcelos knocking out Moret for the victory. Barcelos now stands 11-1 with four wins in a row, Moret exited the cage 11-3.
The final RFA show takes place December 9th with Jordan Johnson vs. Lemarcus Tucker fighting for the light heavyweight title. Before the merger is complete Legacy FC hold two more events with the first being November 11th where Rafael Lovato Jr. defends the middleweight title for the first time against Cortez Coleman. Once the merger is complete in January the champions of each individual promotion are expected to square off for inaugural LFA titles.
RFA 45 results
- James Krause-Simmons def. Austin Hancock 2:35 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Calyn Hull def. Dan Puccini 2:09 R1 by TKO
- Joel Bauman def. Mike Waltz by unanimous decision
- Anthony McIntosh def. Jay Paulson 2:33 R1 by rear-naked choke
- Akeela Al-Haseem def. Bonnie Stoehr by unanimous decision
- Sean Stebbins def. Robiel Tesfaldet by split decision
- Vanyu Xiong def. Victor Cabadas 2:45 R1 by TKO
- Sean Strube def. Caleb Merth by split decision
- Cameron Gilliam def. Davon Staples 2:58 R1 by armbar
- Linsey Williams def. Bri Brassaw by unanimous decision
- Blake Bilder def. Charles Anozie by unanimous decision
- Mitch White def. Antonio Sanchez 0:54 R2 by guillotine choke
- Bobby Lee def. Damion Shehan 2:00 R1 by armbar
- Ben Neumann def. Jordon Larson 4:01 R2 by D’Arce choke
- Chad Curry def. Frank Schuman 3:06 R1 by TKO
- FW title: Raoni Barcelos def. Dan Moret 0:51 R2 by KO
- MW title: Gerald Meerschaert III def. Chase Waldon 1:44 R1 by arm-triangle choke