A matchup between top-ranked featherweights Anthony Pettis (19-5) and Max Holloway (16-3) has been added to December’s UFC 206 card. UFC officials announced the booking on Wednesday.
UFC 206 will be held Dec. 10 from Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario. Daniel Cormier defends his light heavyweight title against Anthony “Rumble” Johnson in the main event.
Pettis snapped a three-fight skid in his featherweight debut in August with a guillotine choke submission over Charles Oliveira at UFC on FOX 21. The former UFC light heavyweight champ lost the title to Rafael dos Anjos in March 2015, then dropped decisions to Eddie Alvarez and Edson Barboza earlier this year before moving down to the 145-pound division. “Showtime” is currently ranked No. 6 at featherweight and has never been stopped in his MMA career.
Holloway is on a remarkable nine-fight winning streak, most recently winning a unanimous decision over Ricardo Lamas at UFC 199 in June. Prior to that, the 24-year-old Hawaiian had fought four times in 2015, winning decisions over Jeremy Stephens and Cole Miller, a TKO over Charles Oliveira, and a submission win over Cub Swanson. “Blessed” is currently ranked No. 3 in the division and should be right in the mix for a title shot if he gets past Pettis.
With this addition, UFC 206 now includes:
- Light Heavyweight Championship: Daniel Cormier (c) vs. Anthony Johnson
- Max Holloway vs. Anthony Pettis
- Valerie Letourneau vs. Viviane Pereira
- Zach Makovsky vs. John Moraga
- John Makdessi vs. Lando Vannata
- Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Drew Dober
- Emil Meek vs. Jordan Mein
- Rustam Khabilov vs. Jason Saggo
- Misha Cirkunov vs. Nikita Krylov
- Dooho Choi vs. Cub Swanson
- Li Jingliang vs. Chad Laprise
- Mitch Gagnon vs. Matthew Lopez
Stay close to www.adcombat.com for all your MMA and BJJ news updates.