A lightweight showdown between Marc Diakiese (10-0) and Frankie Perez (10-2) has been added to December’s UFC Fight Night 102 card. The matchup was announced this week.
UFC Fight Night 102 will be held Dec. 9 from Times Union Center in Albany, N.Y. It will be the organization’s first visit to Albany and Derrick Lewis will face Shamil Abdurakhimov in the heavyweight headliner.
Diakiese had a successful UFC debut in early October with a second round knockout of Lukasz Sajewski at UFC 204. The 23-year-old former BAMMA lightweight champion last defended his title with a 36-second knockout of Kane Mousah in May and was picked up by the UFC shortly afterward. Five of the “Bonecrusher’s” 10 career wins have come by way of knockout and he remains unbeaten as a professional.
Perez made his sophomore UFC appearance in August with a first round knockout victory over veteran Sam Stout. Prior to that, the 27-year-old New Jersey native suffered a knockout loss in his UFC debut against Johnny Case in January 2015. A former competitor in the Ring of Combat and World Series of Fighting organizations, half of Perez’s 10 career wins have come by way of submission.
The UFC Fight Night 102 lineup now includes:
- Derrick Lewis vs. Shamil Abdurakhimov
- Anthony Hamilton vs. Francis Ngannou
- Raphael Assuncao vs. Aljamain Sterling
- Patrick Cummins vs. Gian Villante
- Oluwale Bamgbose vs. Joseph Gigliotti
- Juliana Lima vs. Tatiana Suarez
- Tiago Trator vs. Zubaira Tukhugov
- Keith Berish vs. Ryan Janes
- Randy Brown vs. Charlie Ward
- Corey Anderson vs. Sean O’Connell
- Andrew Sanchez vs. Trevor Smith
- Marc Diakiese vs. Frankie Perez
Stay close to www.adcombat.com for all your BJJ and MMA news.